Hello

Hatching
Aug 10, 2016
Hello! I'm new to the site. I've been keeping small number of pet hens (some bantams and some ex-farm hens, both female and male) for a few years :)

sunflour

Flock Master
8 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Macon,GA
welcome-byc.gif
so glad you decided to join us.

carolap

Hatching
Aug 10, 2016
I'm new to the,site and owning chickens.I only have one chicken I rescued from a flock who was pecking her relentlessly. All her feathers grew back but she is not laying at all. I keep her in a big coop with a house.
Recently she is singing in the morning for no reason at all. She has been with me a couple months now and this a new behavior. I can't figure out why.
Any ideas?

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
carolap, are you sure she isn't a rooster? By singing in the morning , do you mean " Cock a doodle doo?' Post photos at "what breed or gender is this?"

Kiki

Eat better & move more
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
Hello! I'm new to the site. I've been keeping small number of pet hens (some bantams and some ex-farm hens, both female and male) for a few years
smile.png

HI 9!
Welcome to BYC!
What part of the world are you located?

Kiki

Eat better & move more
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
I'm new to the,site and owning chickens.I only have one chicken I rescued from a flock who was pecking her relentlessly. All her feathers grew back but she is not laying at all. I keep her in a big coop with a house.
Recently she is singing in the morning for no reason at all. She has been with me a couple months now and this a new behavior. I can't figure out why.
Any ideas?
frow.gif

Welcome...can you post a picture of said bird?

Top Bottom