Hello!

loveria

Hatching
Sep 22, 2016
Hi all! My name is Ria. It's my first time raising chickens. We have a bantam couple. Napoleon(rooster) and Josephine(hen). I believe they are almost a year old. Josephine is currently sitting on 8 teeny eggs and has been for almost 3 weeks. Hoping those babies hatch soon
2764.png

Poor napoleon though! He has just become very ill and I don't know what is wrong with him. Can someone help?
He has been pulling his feathers out like crazy. His left breast has a bare red spot and his vent is also very red and raw. Yesterday he had runny pudding like poops. He has been hanging out a lot in the coop with the hen and isn't eating drinking like normal.
They have been eating an organic feed I got from a local chicken store. Mixture of corn/wheat and other things. I also put lettuce and greens in there frequently and occasionally melon scraps.
I've checked him over for lice and tonight I will check for mites. Josephine looks like her beautiful self.
I'm so worried about him! Can someone offer advice?
Love and clucks,
Ria

Greetings from Kansas, Ria, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community! Hope the good folks over in the ER section were able to give you some good advice for Napolean! Good luck to you! :)

Hello there Ria, and welcome to Backyard chickens!! I am sorry to hear about your little guy, I hope you get some good advice over in the er section. In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck!:D

Back
Top Bottom