Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Littlebratfarm, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Littlebratfarm

Littlebratfarm Just Hatched

Feb 18, 2017
    Hopkinton NH
    New to this site. Been raising bantams for 10 yrs and goats for 8. I'm thinking about raising turkeys now and was looking for midget whites. Really hard to find in NH and I wasn't sure I wanted to order from the major hatchery. Any advice would be welcome :)

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!!! I have no advice regarding sourcing your turkeys (hopefully someone will be along shortly that does), but wanted to say I'm glad you've joined us!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Littlebratfarm [​IMG] Welcome!

I have no turkey experience whatsoever and living in Aus, not going to be much help with sourcing midget whites.

However, you could try the Turkey Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/20/turkeys or your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

BYC does have a Buy, Sell & Trade Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade but I believe you need to have at least 20 posts before being able to participate.

Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Great to have another poultry lover! Midget whites are a great breed. I don't live in NH so i don't know any local farms or hatcheries but Meyer hatcheries sells Midget whites. Its a bigger hatchery but i have used them a lot and they are very helpful and nice.

5. Littlebratfarm

Littlebratfarm Just Hatched

Feb 18, 2017
    Hopkinton NH
    Thank you! I am still getting used to the site and look forward to learning :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck finding the turkeys you want!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! Thanks for joining, I'm sure you'll love it here! :frow

~Cuz

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by