Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickentrauma, Mar 30, 2017.

1. chickentrauma

chickentrauma New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    Hello, I am a new member here from Qatar. I am desparate to save my chickens as they are all dying one by one. i hope some body could find a solution.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

So sorry to hear about the problem you're having with your birds. Please use the link redsoxs has provided, I hope they can help you figure out what is happening.

Best of luck!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Fingers crossed that the ER peeps can help you out.

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The more details you can give the Emergency folks, the better their response. Has anything changed in your chicken routine, new birds coming in, change of food, etc. How long ago did they start dying? Are they chicks or mature birds. What symptoms do the show before dying? I hope they can help you.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under chickentrauma [​IMG] Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and losses [​IMG] Definitely check in with the folks on the ER Forum and best wishes.

7. chickentrauma

chickentrauma New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks.

8. chickentrauma

chickentrauma New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks for your message. No, there hasn't been any change.
    There are three things that we are suspecting: one that we brought 5 new younger chickens; two of them the first ones to die 2) right after their arrival I think after 2 days it started to rain and I suspect water seeped through the sides and stayed there on the sides of their coop, although inside was dry 3) my husband put compost in the backyard that they might have eaten.

They were 2 months when they came to us. They were so well and active all through six months they spent with us. It's extremely sad to see them dying.

After LS injection for 3 days the pharmacist changed the medicine and gave tylo/tylan 20 10-15 drops for three days.

9. chickentrauma

chickentrauma New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks, I did.

10. chickentrauma

chickentrauma New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    They are 8 months old. They slowly lose strength, and put their head on the ground, breathing very slow seems like they are dead already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by