Hello

Chickens-2016

Chirping
May 12, 2016
California
Hello-)

We are from California and have 4 chickens. My two older chickiens are all grown about 1 years old (Ameriana and Austhrolorp) and we just got two new babe chicks during easter weekend. That makes them a little over 6 weeks (buff Orprinton and Wyandotte). Still very young but what age should bring the both together with my 2 grown chickens? They are separated but next to the hen house. My austhrolorp tried to go after them a couple times ...I am hoping to put them all together in the hen house at some point but not sure how to introduce them or migrate them in with the others?

Thanks. Deb

I would let the babies get a little bigger. Another two weeks at LEAST and more like four. They will be bullied, they will be picked on and that is normal. If they are being attacked and/or injured ... that is not okay.

If the bullying is the 'usual' sort, they will grow and find their place in the pecking order.

They are pretty small still compared to my!big girls...thank you.

I actually like the site much better than the other site they had...not sure why but it seems user friendly..

The kindest, gentlest method of integrating new to established birds, is called "The look but don't touch," integration. Try putting that in the searchbox above. It should come up.

Back
Top Bottom