Hello!

MidnightMaran

Songster
Jun 23, 2017
Oklahoma
I got my first ever chicks a few weeks ago and there are no other chicken keepers in our part of town so I decided to join backyard chickens! I have 7 chicks right now. 1 BCW (7 weeks) 2 silver laced wyandotes (6 weeks) 2 ameracaunas (5 weeks) and 2 buff orpingtons (5 weeks) (whew!)
I enjoy reading, especially about chickens! It's also how I found out about backyard chickens! I also have a cat and a dog who I love very much. My cat is not interested in the chicks, but my dog is, which can sometimes be a problem. I'm looking forward to talking chicken!

Thank you! here are some pictures.
IMG_20170623_1651395_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170617_1944593_rewind.jpg
IMG_20170617_1943189_rewind.jpg

Yes! She looks just like my sweet chick! Except a tiny bit bigger.
The other buff orp has done something suspiciously like a crow, but looks just like the other one.

Thanks! I hate to bother you, but I am wondering if my black copper maran really is a cockrel. It has quite big wattles to be a pullet, but it preens like a pullet, I still can't tell collar feathers from sickle feathers, but Its tail is shaped like a standard pullet's tail. It still has the same fluffy bottom Its had since it was a 2 week old chick when I got her because she looked like a pullet. I was guaranteed she wasn't sick.( I'll put up pictures)
her comb and wattle
carries her tail low
her and the buffs (who want to be in every pic i take)
and I will get a picture of her as a chick when I can find one. I know i had some of her at 4 weeks, but I might have deleted them.
Image-1 (1).jpg
Image-1 (4).jpg
Image-1 (5).jpg

Back
Top Bottom