Hello!

Cee Gee

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We just got our first 13 chickens. I haven't had chickens before but my bf has. I sometimes dont think he would be as cautious with them as I would so that is why I'm here to get "expert" advice.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 13 Bantam chicks

(3) What breeds do you have? I have no clue what breed or what sex they are.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Just a basic search to one of my many questions.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love all animals. We just got a donkey (jenny) to help keep the coyotes away. I have a Chihuahua and am scared to death to let her run loose in the evening and early morning. We came from a lake house to the country just to raise animals. Yay me!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Mark and I have the same dream of having a farm. Cows, Chickens, Horses, Turkeys, Donkeys, Ducks and maybe goats. Like I mentioned before I have a Longhaired Chihuahua - Jasmine, and she's been my only animal for a very long time. She likes being a farm dog but I do worry about her. Im hear to talk about Chickens! Were building a coop and run but I have a hard time sleeping worrying about losing one by being a novice. Get ready for questions!

Last edited:
Hello Cee Gee. Welcome to BYC! There is tons of info here and very good people to help you on your journey as a new chicken owner. :)

I don't know how much reading/research you've already done, but if you want to get the most out of BYC, I suggest you do the following:
  • Spend some time in the Learning Center
  • When you have specific questions, most of the time a quick search will come up with the answers.
  • If you don't find anything useful that way, post your question in an appropriate sub-forum. People here are very helpful and will answer your question even it has been asked 100 times before.
Good luck and enjoy your time here.

Welcome to BYC! I'm completely ready for your question! Good Idea about getting expert advice btw! I've had chickens and am considering getting ducks in the coming winter. Sounds like you ahve the ideal life for an animal lover! Feel free to start a personal conversation with me if you'd like by clicking my profile and choosing: start a conversation. :D Have fun with your new chickens!:frow

Back
Top Bottom