Hello

Welcome Cool.gif

It is great to have you here!

Caponing is an interesting process

If you are breeding for show chickens and really need to be sure that the offspring are really from the cock bird you want, then you need to wait 30 days. This is also important if you are claiming to be selling pure breeds.

I was sold crosses that were supposed to be pure but were not pure. The separation of two weeks did not work LOL!

wow now I am wondering where she (my wife) got her info may have some more incorrect crosses in this batch too :( oh well we aren't showing them or anything just prefer the demeanor of the br crosses. And the egg laying power of em. like getting nearly an egg a day per chicken the americanna is at least an quarter egg a day behind the br's. Question I will look for it here too is what kinda chickens will the next generation be if I re cross the crosses with a RIR rooster? have to go see.

wow now I am wondering where she (my wife) got her info may have some more incorrect crosses in this batch too :( oh well we aren't showing them or anything just prefer the demeanor of the br crosses. And the egg laying power of em. like getting nearly an egg a day per chicken the americanna is at least an quarter egg a day behind the br's. Question I will look for it here too is what kinda chickens will the next generation be if I re cross the crosses with a RIR rooster? have to go see.
What happens is that the sperm mixes and you get offspring from both cocks. After two weeks, most of the chicks will be from the new cock. There is still a chance that the removed cock will still have offspring past three weeks though.

The sperm will live for 30 days in the hen sometimes.

Greetings and welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us. As you already know, there's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember from this thread. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

G’Day from down under jsr5 :frow Welcome!

Nothing much for me to add now except that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us:ya

I lost my breeding roo and 35 days later I still had fertile eggs that hatched. I separate my breeders for 40 days prior to moving them into the hotel and then give them a week or two to get things right before harvesting eggs to incubate. My friend swears by BR roos over RIR hens and has been doing it for years with great success for his layers. When it comes to canonizing, call me a coward, my cockerels taste fantastic without the surgery.

Back
Top Bottom