Hello!

tangyoriginal

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2018
Woodbridge, VA
Hi everyone! My name is Jess. I do not have any chickens but have a duckling. We hatched him in the end of February this year. Unfortunately due to some incubator issues in the last three days his egg was the only one that made it. It was really sad but he’s been an amazing addition to our family! Little Foot, aka Footy, is a black Swedish mix we believe. Definitely spoiled rotten but so sweet. He runs the house.

We are looking at getting a few more eggs to hatch so he has companionship other than humans.

These forums have been amazing. Before joining I know every time I had a question and googled it that the most answers were found here so I figured I best join up to really have access to everyone’s expertise and advice.

We love our ever expanding zoo!
Myself, husband, daughter, 3 cats, 4 snakes, 4 geckos, a bearded dragon, fish and a duck

50239296-B482-495C-82B2-929B6F84650B.jpeg

G'Day from down under Jess :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. There are some down the bottom of the page which are duck specific.

Footy is adorable! If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of him and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Footy is adorable. You might check out "show us your house ducks." thread on BYC. People do keep some as house pets , some keep house chickens, and I've even read of a house goose. Humans take the place of their flock and some birds truly prefer being with people.

Back
Top Bottom