hello :)

fullyfleeced

Chirping
Jul 21, 2018
Sedro Woolley, WA
Hi there-
New member from WA state. Have had chickens since 2010, but only recently have had girls intent on hatching out chicks (are speckled sussex always this way?)
Anyway, we've got sheep and 14 hens of various breeds, ranging in age from about 1 to probably 6 years (?)+ 1 guinea and two mature roosters, one Speckled Sussex (Trey), and one Amerucana (Bertrand).They have a fairly enclosed coop area but range about freely in the pasture (and some in the yard when the dog isn't out).
We've always just kept the chickens for eggs, but this recent chick-raising thing resulted in needing to send extra roosters to freezer camp last year.

My main hobby is wool processing (hence the sheep!). I clean, card, spin, and knit the wool from our sheep into all kind of cool stuff.

Really appreciate being able to come here and hang out with "chicken people". :)

Denise

Hi there-
New member from WA state. Have had chickens since 2010, but only recently have had girls intent on hatching out chicks (are speckled sussex always this way?)
Anyway, we've got sheep and 14 hens of various breeds, ranging in age from about 1 to probably 6 years (?)+ 1 guinea and two mature roosters, one Speckled Sussex (Trey), and one Amerucana (Bertrand).They have a fairly enclosed coop area but range about freely in the pasture (and some in the yard when the dog isn't out).
We've always just kept the chickens for eggs, but this recent chick-raising thing resulted in needing to send extra roosters to freezer camp last year.

My main hobby is wool processing (hence the sheep!). I clean, card, spin, and knit the wool from our sheep into all kind of cool stuff.

Really appreciate being able to come here and hang out with "chicken people". :)

Denise
Welcome to BYC Denise! :frow
What took you so long?!:gig

You’re going to like it here!

Hi there-

Denise
:frow :welcome

BYC welcome 1.jpg

Hi Denise, it's nice to have you here! If you ever feel like sharing some photos of your wool work, I'd love to see it...the Hobby forum is perfect for that:
hobbies.41

Best wishes and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom