Hello

All is now said and done. The five last eggs never hatched. I did an eggtopsy.

Barnevelder 1: head firmly stuck under her thigh
Barnevelder 2: upsidedown, looked like it had tried to pip but of course no airpocket there

Australorp: now this one was super strange, it’s brain was on the outside and it’s beak looked very odd too.

The two Sebright looked absolutely fine to me. It didn’t struck me until later that I should have taken pictures and showed you guys.
I’ve never done eggtopsy before so I was only able to see the reason for the others since it was so obvious.
I am super happy though with the 7 in my brooder :love
What day did the hatch start and end on?

You could be seeing some flock health issue or bad genetics for the deformities.

You can work on getting the temperature honed in better--some of the deformities could have been caused by temps too high or too low.

What day did the hatch start and end on?

You could be seeing some flock health issue or bad genetics for the deformities.

You can work on getting the temperature honed in better--some of the deformities could have been caused by temps too high or too low.

I am unsure how to count the days, don’t know if the day you put them in is day 0 or day 1, I count first day as 0, is that correct?

I put them in the incubator Thursday 25/10 at 14:00

The first chick hatched on Thursday 15/11 at 19:20, so 21 days, 4 hours and 20 min later. (4 hours because of the summer/winter time change)

Last chick hatched between 01:10 and 05:00 (I fell asleep so I don’t know for sure), so all and all 7 chicks hatched in 6 - 10 hours. 4 on the 15th and 3 on the 16th.

Does that tell you if it was to hot or to cold?

Thank you so much for helping. I am trying to learn as much as I can.

I am unsure how to count the days, don’t know if the day you put them in is day 0 or day 1, I count first day as 0, is that correct?

I put them in the incubator Thursday 25/10 at 14:00

The first chick hatched on Thursday 15/11 at 19:20, so 21 days, 4 hours and 20 min later. (4 hours because of the summer/winter time change)

Last chick hatched between 01:10 and 05:00 (I fell asleep so I don’t know for sure), so all and all 7 chicks hatched in 6 - 10 hours. 4 on the 15th and 3 on the 16th.

Does that tell you if it was to hot or to cold?

Thank you so much for helping. I am trying to learn as much as I can.
The homestead app says they should have hatched on 11\14 so the temps were likely a bit low. I do not think it was low enough to cause deformities so it was likely genetic or possibly something environmental. I do not remember which one but there is a worm medicine that can cause deformities

Back
Top Bottom