Hello

Knickedick

Chirping
Nov 15, 2018
Hi all,

I am a Swedish woman who currently live in portugal, who is brand new to chickens. I bought three silkies only four months ago from a very good breeder. A black cockerel, and two pullets, one blue(or maybe splash) and one white.

The following day my neighbor who has chickens presented me with two silver sebright he had breed.

Long story short, the sebrights were not well and after trying all I could I had to cull them yesterday.

I also have 12 eggs in my home made incubator due to hatch this afternoon. Fingers crossed! Two of the eggs are sebright that I bought from another breeder, not my neighbor, and I so hope they will hatch. On lockdown all 12 was moving and looking healthy. There are also three Australorp and seven Barnevelder.

You guys don’t know this but you have been with me all the way from giving advice about my sick birds to helping me understand the incubator process. This is a knowledgeable forum and I am grateful for all the help I have already received. Maybe in a few years I can give something back

Good morning, and welcome to BYC. It's good to read that BYC has helped you in the past and great that you are willing to lend assistance. You could create an article showing your homemade incubator - that would be appreciated, along with your initial hatch-rate.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Hi all,

I am a Swedish woman who currently live in portugal, who is brand new to chickens. I bought three silkies only four months ago from a very good breeder. A black cockerel, and two pullets, one blue(or maybe splash) and one white.

The following day my neighbor who has chickens presented me with two silver sebright he had breed.

Long story short, the sebrights were not well and after trying all I could I had to cull them yesterday.

I also have 12 eggs in my home made incubator due to hatch this afternoon. Fingers crossed! Two of the eggs are sebright that I bought from another breeder, not my neighbor, and I so hope they will hatch. On lockdown all 12 was moving and looking healthy. There are also three Australorp and seven Barnevelder.

You guys don’t know this but you have been with me all the way from giving advice about my sick birds to helping me understand the incubator process. This is a knowledgeable forum and I am grateful for all the help I have already received. Maybe in a few years I can give something back
Hi and welcome. I'm also pretty new to chickens. I so agree, this site has been most handy and useful. So nice to be able to share this way. Like you, I look forward to giving something back.

smiley welcome 2.gif

Best of luck with your upcoming hatch, hope you'll let us know how it goes.

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom