Hello

Here is my gang so far

8CC0B139-1719-4A80-99F8-4C663938D8E2.jpeg

I fell asleep at 1 in the morning and woke up to three more little ones at 4 :) So five Barnevelder and two Australorp.

I still have 5 eggs in the incubator but none of them has even pipped. It is now day 22 and at least 13,5 hours since last hatch. Does this mean they won’t hatch do you think? There are two BV one Aust and the two Sebrights still in there.

I have the incubator in my bathroom and I ran the shower before opening to get the seven chicks out. The humidity in my bathroom was 80+% before I opened the lid.

When I candled on day 18 those 5 looked just like the 7 that hatched. All showed movement except one of them, which I then worried about, but that egg hatched first! Just shows you how little I know :lol:

Attachments

• F339837A-F397-4F37-A845-E07498C44073.jpeg
    F339837A-F397-4F37-A845-E07498C44073.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 0
All is now said and done. The five last eggs never hatched. I did an eggtopsy.

Barnevelder 1: head firmly stuck under her thigh
Barnevelder 2: upsidedown, looked like it had tried to pip but of course no airpocket there

Australorp: now this one was super strange, it’s brain was on the outside and it’s beak looked very odd too.

The two Sebright looked absolutely fine to me. It didn’t struck me until later that I should have taken pictures and showed you guys.
I’ve never done eggtopsy before so I was only able to see the reason for the others since it was so obvious.
I am super happy though with the 7 in my brooder :love

Back
Top Bottom