Hello!

Hello, Sandra, welcome to Backyard Chickens! :woot Congratulations for becoming part of the flock!

I'm sorry to hear about all of your previous losses. I am no expert when it comes to sicknesses but it sounds like your one chicken had a respiratory issue. It was definitely wise to have her culled, if the disease was contagious it would have likely spread and would of affected the entire flock.

-byc-flower-fence.png

Hi! I also want to say I'm sorry for your losses. I've been fortunate so far to only lose one but it was hard. You tend to go over and over what happened. But you did the right thing.

In other ways our lives are similar. We moved from packed in suburban southern Cali to Dominoes doesn't even deliver out here. I love it here. Wish we could have done it younger. We also have horses and today brought home bobwhites. As you know it's a lot of work! But crazy fun, too.

Btw, I have four dogs. One has no brain yet. The others are cantankerous old Toy Fox Terriers.

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom