Hello!

LeCoop

Chirping
Aug 28, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens/when did you first get chickens?
I grew up on a farm til I was 14, but this is my first little flock. The husband came home with 4 chicks & a bunch of supplies a few days ago from tractor supply. So, now I’m on a mission to get myself up to date on everything chicken! I know things have changed a bit since the 70’s and 80’s when I was the chicken girl for my papaw. We’re building a 4x6 big raised coop with an L shaped yard as I type.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Not sure of breeds. He brought them home with no info at all. I think 1 is a black/white barred(sweetest chick ever, very sociable). They are each; tan/black striped back, solid yellow, black&white & Gray/reddish tipped wings. Maybe 2wks old or so.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love chicken personalities! The daily routine and interaction with them and EGGS!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I make quilts, sew, crochet, woodwork & crafting in general. We love camping and hiking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have been married 19years. We have 2 grown sons & 3 dogs. My husband is a fine grading supervisor(plays in dirt all day, lol). I watch my 21mth old nephew while his parents work.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I Googled chicken info, breed or something and a post was listed for the info. I’ve known about BYC for about a few days and joined today so I could benefit fully from this very informative community.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, the pulse beat of the chicken community. If you would post photos we may be able to identify what breeds you have.
20190828_121647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom