Hello!

Hi! New here and still feel like I'm new to birds.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We've had chickens for about 2 years now, turkeys for about 5 months and now peafowl for nearly 24 hours. :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I think our chicken flock is hovering around 50. We free range them and after taking out a few too many roosters I haven't kept a good count... but all my favorites are still around!

(3) What breeds do you have?
bantams of various colors and shapes, amerucanas, Rhode Island reds, barred rocks, some easter Eggers and a couple mysteries.
Our turkeys are white and the peacocks are India blues.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their little personalities. The eggs of course are so delicious but I could just watch my birds for hours. They are so cool!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like reading, anything to do with Scotland (visited in 2016 and can't wait to go back), and hosting friends and family at our home.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I also have 2 horses, dogs and cats, I've fallen in love with vegetable gardening and fruit trees and I have a wonderful husband and 2 small children.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I have a sick peafowl right now so I found BYC through a google search since my vet isn't open yet.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom