Hello!

Morrgin

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2020
I'm a long time reader of this site and now its my first time participating. I decided to follow the premade template for introductions.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I consider myself new to chickens. I've taken care of other people's chickens while they are on vacation, but it wasn't until I moved onto 5 acres 2 years ago that I started my own flock.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 30 chickens

(3) What breeds do you have?

Plymouth Barred Rock
1 hen
1 rooster
1 mixed hen

Black Sex Link
4 hens

Rhode Island Red
1 rooster

Leghorn
2 hens

The rest I don't know. They are a mix of breeds. The first group of chickens I got was given to me by a friend. From my friend I got the 2 roosters. Besides the barred rock hen all the rest of the hens are very small but they have tail feathers like a leghorn. One of the small hens has little feathers on her feet.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I like all the eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I like going camping with my family, reading, fishing, and playing online games.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live in Oregon with my husband and our daughter who is 10. We have 1 field lab, two cats, 1 older calf, and we recently found new homes for our 6 mini pigs. I've always had animals, but this is my first time with cows, chickens, and pigs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community

I found BYC years ago. I'm not sure I remember how. Since I've had chickens I've been reading on the site more frequently. Currently I'm having a problem with my chickens that I can't find an easy answer for. This has pushed me to finally join.

Feb 28, 2020
Australia, QLD
Hi and welcome to BYC!
Welcome.PNG

Top Bottom