Moyi8

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2021
Hi all I’m a midwife, wife and mama of four kiddies now living in Ireland. Love chickens- discovered their awesomeness when living in Australia the past 7 years and have just moved back to my homeland.
Setting up a homestead currently (that is the dream!) with garden/veggie planting and starting my flock. Plans to move onto pigs and goats in the future also. Had many wonderful chickens in Oz and now hatching my own. Have only ever hatched chicks under a broody before- both times worked wonderful but that’s nature for you! I’ve gone through a few lots now in the incubator with no success (I would have passed the chicken hatching exams I had done so much research prior 🤣 but for some reason it was not working out!!) and I’m on my third go and I finally have eggs pipping and doing all the right things in my incubator. I’m in hatching heaven 😍🐣
This forum has been an amazing help- it is one of the only places on the internet where it seems like someone else has gone through the exact same concerns or issues and I nearly always find an answer or similar story here. So I decided to join and offer what knowledge I have of keeping chickens while gaining knowledge on how to hatch through artificial incubation.
Anyways hope everyone is having a wonderful day/night wherever you are in the world and chat soon xx

Back
Top Bottom