Hello!

TheDailyCoop

Hatching
May 17, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our first 3 chickens in the spring of 2019 and had a great year with them until a fox found and killed 2 of the 3. We then got 7 more chickens in the summer of 2020.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Currently we have 8 chickens, all hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We currently have: Golden Laced Wyandotte, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Golden Comet, Easter Egger, Sapphire Gem, Midnight Majesty Maran, Barred Rock, and a Buckeye.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

We eat eggs every morning for breakfast and love not having to purchase eggs any longer as well as the social habits of chickens. Our 4 year old daughter loves to feed them and play with them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We are very outdoorsy people. We love camping, hiking, fishing, boating, gardening, and ice fishing in the winter.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We live in Wisconsin and are a happy family of 3 plus our chickens. My husband is a dentist and I am a teacher, currently stay at home mom, with our 4 year old daughter.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I used Backyard chicken information to pick out our chicken breeds and currently need some assistance with one of our girls so I searched it back out.

Back
Top Bottom