Hello

Huhnmann

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2022
Hello all, my name is Cody and I am a new member.

I first got chickens a few months ago around march/April

I currently have 14 chickens.

I have one white leghorn, one golden sexlink, 10 silkies, one leghorn silkie cross, and one golden sexlink silkie cross.

I absolutely love chickens and always have, and I love the “free” eggs. Knowing where my food comes from is important to me.

I also enjoy keeping fish, especially reef keeping. I’d like to get into aqua ponies but that won’t be until we own our own house.

I have a wife and two kids. We have an English bulldog and two cats. And like I mentioned just a couple of fish and corals!

I found BYC when I first got my chickens. Unfortunately my favorite rooster and hen had been injured by a fox and one of the first things I looked up was how to humanely put them down. I still miss them dearly, good old Donald was a good rooster and stepped in to protect his flock. I’m hoping one day I’ll get another worthwhile rooster like Donald! I finally decided to join to share my silkie crosses, I think they are absolutely gorgeous. The white one isn’t quite white, she’s more of a grey/lavender color. I’m excited to see what their egg color and size will be!
783BF49D-66DF-4852-B7BD-E5C2DD62FB14.jpeg
4EC478F0-7247-444B-9A7D-9392307B37D4.jpeg

Some pics of

Back
Top Bottom