Hello!

Welcome to BYC! May I ask, what species of tortoise do you keep? As for quail, I really am no expert, so unfortunately I can't give you advice on that. You can take a look at our articles, they are great for doing research, and filled with information! I can't wait till you get your first flock, make yourself at home here :welcome
I have a m/f pair of testudo horsfieldii, "Russian" tortoises. Tiptoe and Violet. Tiptoe is about three years old and Violet is nine years old. They are a ton of fun to keep. They don't start interactive but are very food motivated. If you are patient in earning their trust, you will have a friend for life. No worries there, I've already started reading and am planning an indoor enclosure for button quail. Looking to refurbish an old cabinet of sufficient size. Maybe wire in an air filtration system to deal with the dust and keep solid air quality. When I get my first flock it'll be posted here first.

Thank you! They really are. They each bring something unique to the table. Tortoises were my dream as a child. My wife got me my first as an anniversary gift. Now I'm addicted. They're like tiny dinosaurs. Mine will allow me or my kids to hand-feed their greens.
Upstate NY and indoor, russians or herman's maybe?

I have a m/f pair of testudo horsfieldii, "Russian" tortoises. Tiptoe and Violet. Tiptoe is about three years old and Violet is nine years old. They are a ton of fun to keep. They don't start interactive but are very food motivated. If you are patient in earning their trust, you will have a friend for life. No worries there, I've already started reading and am planning an indoor enclosure for button quail. Looking to refurbish an old cabinet of sufficient size. Maybe wire in an air filtration system to deal with the dust and keep solid air quality. When I get my first flock it'll be posted here first.
Ah Russians!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom