Hello :)

bwaak

Chirping
Jan 31, 2023
New England
Hi! I work for a university farm managing their livestock program. We also have a small farm at home raising beef cattle, chickens, sheep, sometimes hogs or broilers. I've been raising a small flock of layers for about a year. My partner has raised pasture layers and broilers in past years. We have 20 layers, lots of breeds - easter eggers, golden comets, welsummers, golden-laced wyandottes, and my favorite - buff orpingtons. I have 30 or so new chicks arriving towards the end of summer - faverolles, new hampshire reds, bielefelders, white orps, partridge cochins. Our home farm is booming in eggs sales with a long wait list, so I'm expanding! I've used this site as a resource for the last year and I'm happy to be finally making an account!!!

Welcome to the forum...... OFFICIALLY! I trust you know your ways around, so I'm not going to mention anything there! So excited for you, you definitely splurged on chicken breeds, and I don't blame you! I would love for you to show us your current flock, and the new babies once they arrive, if that's something you'd like as well! Make yourself...well, make yourself MORE at home :welcome

Hi! I work for a university farm managing their livestock program. We also have a small farm at home raising beef cattle, chickens, sheep, sometimes hogs or broilers. I've been raising a small flock of layers for about a year. My partner has raised pasture layers and broilers in past years. We have 20 layers, lots of breeds - easter eggers, golden comets, welsummers, golden-laced wyandottes, and my favorite - buff orpingtons. I have 30 or so new chicks arriving towards the end of summer - faverolles, new hampshire reds, bielefelders, white orps, partridge cochins. Our home farm is booming in eggs sales with a long wait list, so I'm expanding! I've used this site as a resource for the last year and I'm happy to be finally making an account!!!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom