Hello!

HomeschoolHen

Hatching
Apr 16, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We have chicks that we just purchased yesterday. We have been planning on getting them for a couple years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have seven. City ordinance limits us to six, but we got an extra just in case one ends up being a rooster. If anyone ever complains, I have a friend who can take one.

(3) What breeds do you have? Two black sex link and one each of production red, easter egger, white leghorn, brown leghorn, and smoky pearl. We almost have them all named with an outdoor theme.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Fun pets and eggs for our large family to eat. We currently buy four dozen a week from a friend, and I'm looking forward to producing most of our own.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? We homeschool, so we're a family of bookworms. I love hiking, traveling to national parks, quilting, baking with sourdough, and playing board and card games.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We are a homeschooling family with six bio kids and foster kids coming and going. We have a Golden Retriever named Llama and two guinea pigs named Luna and Ember.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found this forum via google years ago. I joined today because we finally fulfilled a long term dream by getting our first chicks yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom