Hello!

Kaela

Hatching
10 Years
May 11, 2009
Alberta
Hi! Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I thought I'd fill out the template to make it easy!
wink.png

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We are what you would call new to chickens. I grew up on a farm, but it's been a long time since I was around them. I remember playing with the chicks as a child, and plucking feathers, but aside from that my experience is limited. My husband grew up in the city, so he hasn't really had experience with them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

None, but we are researching the care and raising of chickens in the backyard, and are turning our old rabbit hutch into a coop in preparation for a few chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We are hoping (fingers crossed) to find a couple Silky Bantams and a couple Brahmas.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am fortunate enough to have my hobby as a profession. I am a professional photographer, so I get to do what I love quite often. I am also into pottery (I am a founding member of our city's local pottery guild), gardening and am, in general, a pretty arsty/craftsy person.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live in Alberta, Canada. I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for 2 and a half years. We got married in the Dominican Republic, and it was awesome. We don't have any kids yet, but we have a small zoo that we call our family. We have two Miniature Pinschers (Hercules and Zeus), a grey kitty (Cadence), a hedgehog (Hammer) and two Oscar fish (Argyle and Capilano). Adding to our herd is just what we need!
tongue.png
wink.png

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Nice to have you here. Seeing as how you are a photographer we will be awaiting some pics of your new babies when you get them!

Back
Top Bottom