Hello!

Wildlife Biologist

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 2, 2010
Round Rock, TX
Hello everyone! I'm Larry and I'm a retired wildlife biologist. Most of my working career was spent with the U.S Fish & Wildlife Service and the U.S. Forest Service. During my career, I worked in many places from Oregon to Florida and several places between. I grew up in the country in SE Louisiana, but retired in the Austin, TX area. When I was growing up, my family reared chickens, turkeys, had a milk cow, hogs for slaughter, ducks, fruit trees, and a large garden. Much of our food came from wild game and fish. We were poor in money, but rich in country life. I now breed utility-squabbing red king pigeons as a hobby and for food.

Quote:
Is there any other way?
thumbsup.gif

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Michigan

Hi Larry!

Wow, you've had a great career! And I have to tell you that, being raised in the city, I envy your childhood........you know, my husband grew up very poor. He is 41 now, and when he was young, they had an outhouse, and his bedroom was the end of the hallway with a curtain for privacy......he told me that his dad used to go into the old abandoned church, and come out with an armload of pigeons and that would be dinner for the family sometimes......I'd love to see a picture of your pigeons.....I've always though they were pretty birds...

Anyhow, after I married Dave we moved to the country and I've been lucky enough to have chickens, and I just LOVE them! I can't seem to make up my mind what breed I like best.....

Well, you take care and welcome!
Sincerely,
Sharon

Welcome Larry to BYC. There's another member here who's a wildlife biologist. His screen name is Dacjohns. Look for him.

It would really be difficult to live in a city after growing up with that kind of a blessing. Welcome!

Quote:
We don't need anymore wildlife biologists.
lol.png
I am currently a wildlife biologist with the Forest Service althought most of my work is technician type work, wildlife and forestry.

Really, welcome to BYC. Be careful when you visit the predator threads.

Back
Top Bottom