hello

manderzpants

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
plymouth
i have loved chickens my entire life. i think they are so cute i just want to squeeze them and love on them. i was recently researching having a kitchen herb garden, and that led to possibly having a small backyard garden...and then of course that led me to the idea of having chickens. i am not in a place where i can have them yet, but i would like to be at some point, and i enjoy reading about them and looking at pix of them. i had no idea there were so many different breeds of chickens, but i have decided that my favorite breed is the orpington. omg they are so fat and cute i could just about cry! i also like what i have read about their temperment. it will just be me and my fiance so i wont need them for eggs so much, or i guess, i won't need them for THAT many eggs. anyway, i have been lurking on here for a few days and decided i would register. the warning is correct; this forum is ADDICTIVE!!!
smile.png

Hello and welcome!
frow.gif

I'm with you on the Orpingtons too! They are awesome chickens and my first love when it comes to the different breeds. Not only are they so large and fluffy, they are calm and sweet chickens too.
smile.png

Welcome! I have Orpingtons for the very reasons you mention.
Chance, so I have heard, favors a prepared mind. So, you should be all ready when the time comes!

thank you all for the warm welcome! i have been reading just about everything i can and bookmarking things. i know that i want to get a low coop for my orpingtons, since i read that they don't like to go up steep ramps. i am also reading a lot about predators and securing the coop as i am most concerned with their safety. if i lost one i would be inconsolable! i told my fiance that i would like to get a rooster too, but he's trying to nix that because of their crowing. but i'll probably get one anyway because they are so cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom