Hello! :)

MidgetChicken

Hatching
8 Years
May 28, 2011
Just registered and hoping to reach 10 posts
smile.png
as I'm looking to buy just one grown chicken to raise as a pet haha. This is one fantastic site for chicken lovers. I have always been a chicken lover and lately have been doing quite of bit of reading into them again. I've finally decided that my goal in life should be...

1. Get married with someone who loves chickens as well or don't mind having them around.
2. Work my a$$ off to be able to buy a home with some land to raise a few more (not a lot mind you).
3. Have a great time raising and being around them much like my childhood

My favorite chicken are bantams. I raised several during elementary and gave up when the city performed a raid and "dispatched" all chickens. This was in San Diego during the early 80's I believe. The action was taken because there were just too many people using them for fighting. Oh well. Anyway, my younger brother and I cried all week because our mom had to killed our favorite bantam
sad.png
Hahah, 40 years old and it still bring tears to my eyes
smile.png
He was one feisty and handsome bantam. Loved to crow, loved to strut around all high and mighty hehe, and loved to chase cats O_O! We kept him in the house and he usually sleeps with us
smile.png
God I miss him.

Anyway, glad to be a member of this forum as I see there are tons of knowledge here. I won't be as active in commenting (don't talk much) but I always enjoy reading and that I will be doing quite a bit here. Cheers! I've been searching the net for a place locally here in San Diego to buy a "just" grown bantam chicken but haven't been successful. If anyone knows of a reputable place or person please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Andrew,

haha l like the comment that your not going to have alot.. HA.. thats what I thought.. I am in this just a few months and I have learned chicken math.. actually maybe that why I did badly in math in school when I was young.. I am pre-wired for chicken math.. which means I never have enough.. kind of like if I have checks I must have money in the bank.. hahah

welcome to byc I love it here and sure you will too... it is a bit addicting..

)O(
Pink
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
smile.png

Yea, I don't have the space to raise more chickens than probably two at the moment. Plus, already decided that I just want them as pets, not for eating, not for eggs, not for fighting, not for show, etc.
smile.png
My brother and I grew up having a farmer's heart. We grew many types of fruits, raised many types of fishes and birds hahaha. Looking back it was a strange life for us, especially in the heart of San Diego; but it was so much fun!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
I don't see why having a few bantam chickens for pets would be any different than someone having parrots. Quieter too. I say go get you a few bantam hens!

Back
Top Bottom