1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lac1975, May 28, 2011.

1. lac1975

lac1975 Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Corsicana, TX
    Hi, my name is Lori. Just joined not too long ago. My parents and grandparents had chickens when I was a kid. And I have been wanting to get myself some for awhile now. Well, I finally did it! [​IMG] I have 22 total chicks (2 are bantams that belong to my nephew). I am pretty sure 12 are leghorns (6 white & 6 exchequer). I am not sure yet about the others, though. I think some are going to be black australorps. The rest have me completely stumped. Soon hopefully it will be easy to tell. I love my little chickens; they are so fun to watch!

Also, I am the proud moma of 6 guineas keets, 4 turkey poults, 5 ducklings (2 khaki campbells?, a Muscovy?, & a crested) & 1 gray toulouse gosling. Also have a 1 yr old gray toulouse goose, Goosy Loosy & a 1 yr old blue Swede duck, Ms. Grey. And miss my other babies terribly--Punk duck (crested), Mr. & Mrs. Mallard, Dot (a black Swede), baby goose (my dog killed it wad about 2 mos but he hasn't ever touched another one after that day) & Daphne (my beautiful white goose-it was very territorial & was a very good guard goose-unfortunately no match for coyotes). And then baby Fluff who died two days ago.

I love my babies! They so much fun to watch and take care of. Haven't had them too long yet but I truly enjoy them. Very stress-relieving!!

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Congrats on your chicks & good luck with them & your other birds [​IMG]

6. lac1975

lac1975 Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Corsicana, TX
    Thanks! Added some more bannies this afternoon... And the babies got a taste of some watermelon. The chicks gobbled it up, but the others didn't even try it!

7. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by