Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GableBabble, Jul 12, 2011.

1. GableBabble

GableBabble Ninja Chicken Herder

May 27, 2010
    I am not really new, just never really posted anything until now. I tend to stay in the background and just read. [​IMG]

A little about me.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I am not really new, kinda newish. Got my first chicken 6 or 7 years ago. We got a pair of Bantoms from a little old man up in Polk County. I made a total "Parrot pet" out of the Rooster. His name was Micheal. He was a silver duckwing, the hen was a red. We moved to the farm we live at now and Micheal would fly on my shoulder and ride there all day, as I did things outside. He was great. We lost him and his hen when someone dumped a dog here that same year. (Which happens alot, we are on our 8th so far this year.)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    We have 22 chickens atm. We also have 12 chicks in the brooder, and some eggs peeping in the incubator.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    We have Mille Flure , Polish,Wynadotte, Rode island Red, Black Sexlink, Red sexlink, Cornish Rock, Old English, Silkie, Cochins, and a broiler I saved from the chicken house up the road.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I was looking up a topic one day and found my answer on these forums.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    Horseback riding, Art, Reading, Chicken Watching (lol).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    We have a handfull of different animals. Goats that my father -in-law got and could not keep. Names Daisy and Bo. Their kids, Feetsies and Tiny. They are Nubian. Dogs: German Shepherd Holley, Great Pyrenees Betty Boop, and Mutt Liberty (She was dumped here on the 4th of July). A few cows: Daisy, Momma, Duchess, Angus, Tater, Truffles. A goose I bought at the flea market that was supposed to be an African grey but was a canadian (Hannibal Lector). A few ducks: Muskovy (Pinky), Swedish Blue (Jack), Mallard (Minnie). Some Guinea birds : Poot and Toot. Cats all were drop off's but one: Steve, Cuddles, Velcro, Wafflez, Boo.
    I have 3 kids. I guess I was blessed that my Husband loves animals and farming as much as I.

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

3. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Hi from New Jersey! [​IMG]

4. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma! [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. It's awful when people just abandon their pets on your doorstep, isn't it? We get drop offs from time to time, mostly cats. The most animals we've had dropped off at one time was a whole litter of puppies that were just a few weeks old. They ended up going to a lady we know that runs a rescue & all found homes.
    Glad you joined us & good luck with all of your animals [​IMG]

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

10. texasgal