Hello!

Raccoo

Hatching
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Hello there, I just joined this site. I was searching for a good poultry place to join and this is definitely the best one out there!

I've owned chickens for quite a while now, my current hens being a variety of breeds (Rhode Island Reds, Ameraucanas, Dark & Buff Brahmas, Plymouth Rocks and Leghorns). They're such sweet pets to have, unfortunately I haven't met many people who own chickens where I live in Massachusetts, so I figured it would be a good idea to join a site filled with poultry lovers.

Hoping to get the hang of this site soon and meet some friends, ha. Loving BYC!

Welcome to BYC. I am 2 weeks new to chickens with my first flock of fuzzy butts. I have a mixed flock of 8 (3 Easter Eggers, 1 Java, 1 Orpington, 1 bantam mix, 1 Brahma and 1 Golden Comet) and they are a too funny. This site is the place to be for info and support.

Again - Welcome!

Thank you very much, it's great to receive a warm welcome! You have some very nice breeds there, I've always wanted Java hens. :)

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Racoo,

I wasn't looking for a java but she was the only one in her brooder box at a local farm that was all black with white tipped feathers on her little wings and a bright yellow belly. When I added her to my other four selected chicks and brought her up to "check out" the owner of the farm told me she was the last java on site. I was just looking for termperment and color so I could tell them all apart. Just lucky to get her I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom