Hello

Mid-Mo

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
New to this site. Having chickens was on my bucket list. When I retired 3 years ago
I got what I thought was 6 pullets, ended up with 5 roosters and 1 hen. I kept 1 roo and
bought 4 hens at a swap meet took them home and within a few days they were all very
sick bought duramycin to put in water and they got well 2 months later the neighbors dog
got thru the door and killed them all. Decided that chickens were not meant for me. This year I decided to try one more time, I learned a lot of lessons the first time. So I now have 13- 3 week old Rhode Island Reds, only wanted 12 but they had 13 left at the feed store so of course I wasn't going to leave one behind. I do wonder about 2 of them as they are clearly not the same coloring as the rest. With the good advice I know that I will get from this site I know that I will have a much better chance at being successful this time.

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Rooting for you that all will be a success this time!

I noticed some of the RIR chicks in the bin at my feed store were a different shade of red. I think thats normal.

Wishing you the best of luck this time. Enjoy your new chicks and enjoy the site

Greetings from Kansas, Mid-Mo, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck to you and your flock!

Back
Top Bottom