Hello

Mid-Mo

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
New to this site. Having chickens was on my bucket list. When I retired 3 years ago
I got what I thought was 6 pullets, ended up with 5 roosters and 1 hen. I kept 1 roo and
bought 4 hens at a swap meet took them home and within a few days they were all very
sick bought duramycin to put in water and they got well 2 months later the neighbors dog
got thru the door and killed them all. Decided that chickens were not meant for me. This year I decided to try one more time, I learned a lot of lessons the first time. So I now have 13- 3 week old Rhode Island Reds, only wanted 12 but they had 13 left at the feed store so of course I wasn't going to leave one behind. I do wonder about 2 of them as they are clearly not the same coloring as the rest. With the good advice I know that I will get from this site I know that I will have a much better chance at being successful this time.

DDNONIN2016

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 27, 2012
SW Ohio
Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Rooting for you that all will be a success this time!

I noticed some of the RIR chicks in the bin at my feed store were a different shade of red. I think thats normal.

Wishing you the best of luck this time. Enjoy your new chicks and enjoy the site

redsoxs

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
North Central Kansas
Greetings from Kansas, Mid-Mo, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck to you and your flock!

Top Bottom