Hello!

Peeps61

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
NW Florida
I am not new to Backyard Chickens, but I finally joined. I live in Molino, FL and I have 2 Americaunas (one hen, one rooster), two Rhode Island Reds, three Buff Orphingtons and one Black Sex Link. They co-exist peacefully most of the time, but I honestly think the hens could do without the rooster! I am looking forward to chatting with other chicken enthusiasts. LOL - I've avoided any feed store with chicks this spring as my chickens are all around a year old and I don't have room for more at this time!

If you don't need fertile eggs to hatch by, all means rehome the rooster. Some people claim the hens have immediate harmony once the rascal is gone.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

Hello and welcome! Good luck with your chickens and I hope you solve what to do with your roo. I just bought my first and I have yet to identify him from the other 5. lol!

images

Welcome to BYC!

I know exactly how it is...I too avoided my feed store all of March and April so I didn't have to hear the peep peep peeping and want to bring more home! BUT...I just found out more chicks are coming in May!! So May is not a safe time either to visit my feed store!! I have decided to give in....and bringing home some Barred Rocks on May 1st.
th.gif

Yes, I agree. Never keep a mean roo, whether they are mean to you and or the hens. Rehome them or send them to the stew pot.

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom