1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickenDreamer, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ChickenDreamer

ChickenDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Northern Ontario
    So hello there!

I don't have any chickens. I don't even have a coop. I do however, have an illness. At first my family and I were very concerned, but then I found this place and I realised, many many wonderful people have this illness and survive very well!

For about two months I have eaten, slept and dreamed of chickens. I have ammassed hours and hours of research all of which just makes the itch even worse.

I bought 530sq ft of plywood for $40 and some insulation that is now occupying the shed....I've drawn and re-drawn plans ( as I learn what my chicks will need )...it's all I can talk about.

I really thought I was going daft, and then I found your forum....I am not alone [​IMG]

I won't be building until next spring so I've got lots of time to learn!

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Well, I can't say I wish you complete recovery from this illness. All of us are terminal! Welcome to BYC!

3. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    You have come to the right place.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Hello Chickendreamer, I'm fairly new here too and your addiction will only get worse! Everyone here is great and very helpful so enjoy and welcome!

5. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    I'm sorry about your illness. But at least you have found a outlet here on BYC!!! Welcome, were glad your here!!!! Take your time, read watch and listen to the wonderful people on this site. They will steer you in the right direction!!!!! Keep the questions coming,,,pretty smart chicken people hang out here,,, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ChickenDreamer

ChickenDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Northern Ontario
    I just can't believe how much information and experience is here in one location. And the nicest people ever...even my kids can read!

7. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    This is exactly the place you need to be. You are right about the illness. I found that it can lie dormant for fifty years than a virulent outbreak can reoccur. I went from no plans to ever have chickens again (hated them as a child) to having 40. Now my yard has an 8x8 coop with a 16x16 run, an 8x8 rooster pen, a 2x4 coop with a 4x4 cage, a 2x10 tractor pen, and visions in my mind of expansion. There is no cure for this sickness.

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:It's funny how a person can get it without any contact with a known carrier or an actual chickengerm too. Mysterious...

10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, ChickenDreamer, It's not too late to back away from the computer! Hurry, run!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by