Hello!!!

AliK73

Hatching
5 Years
May 5, 2014
Hey All!!
My name is Ali. I am originally from PA but have lived in coastal NC (Hubert) for 14 years. I am relatively new to the group. I have been stalking this website for about a month now and I am loving all the great info that is shared here. My husband and I have started a backyard homestead. We have goats, pigs and chickens, of course! I am totally fascinated by the chickens and watching them has become a new favorite past time. We have the chickens for eggs and meat. I also have some "funky" chickens that are pets! (Polish, frizzles and silkies) I am planning on breeding and raising silkies in near future. Thanks for making this my "go to" chicken info spot!!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you have a lovely flock!

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

If you have some silkies go broody, they will do the incubation for you. Since you like the funky stuff you may also want Showgirls - this is another variety of silkie. Predominantly silkie features but have naked necks either completely naked necked or with a bow tie of feathers. They also tend to go broody. There is a showgirls thread on BYC if you put that in the search box. Showgirls refers to both male and female birds. Go figure??

BTW welcome to BYC

If you have some silkies go broody, they will do the incubation for you. Since you like the funky stuff you may also want Showgirls - this is another variety of silkie. Predominantly silkie features but have naked necks either completely naked necked or with a bow tie of feathers. They also tend to go broody. There is a showgirls thread on BYC if you put that in the search box. Showgirls refers to both male and female birds. Go figure??

BTW welcome to BYC
x2 on the Silkies. We used to have Black Silkies and the hens raised a number of broods for us.

Back
Top Bottom