Hello!

Cecko

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 3, 2014
I am an accidental quail lover, I had one for dog training purposes that I got for my GSP and fell in love with it! I quickly got 4 more coturnix quail and loved them for a few months. I currently have only two chicks that were not planned but when a predator broke into the quail cage and killed the ones I had I came to here and made an incubator. I incubated the three eggs I had from them the day before and am waiting for the last egg to hatch! I had one A&M, one Blonde, and two Reds.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice I have spent a lot of time on here lurking and I figured it was time to make it official!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you finally decided to join our community! Sorry about the predator attacks. Things will come for miles to eat your quail. I keep Bobwhites and yes, things lurk all night long wanting into the aviary. So you really need to built it like fort knox to keep things out.

Good luck with the hatch! I hope you get some hatching babies soon! You might stop by our quail section for help with your birds as well...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

Good luck with your quail and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. I'm sorry about your loss. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about quail (never had any), but they are certainly cute little birds. Definitely post on our Quail section and take advantage of our quail experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your quail.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about your losses. Congratulations on the successful hatch.

Maybe you could go against type casting(bird dog) with your German Shorthaired Pointer and teach him to protect chickens. GSP's are great dogs, I had friends (eons ago) that used to show them.

Darn&*^&$(&$# predators - I hate them!!!
somad.gif
BTW welcome to Backyard chickens (also guineas,quail, ducks, geese etc. you get the idea.)

Back
Top Bottom