hello

janetharrison49

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
I hope that Im putting this in the right place.
My name is Janet, Im new to the area.
I used to work for Frognot Farms in the Hatchery, that is where I was first introduced to the world of chickens, but, until I started raising gamefowl, I didnt realize how awesome they are.
I inherited a variety of game/bantams(?) that were very young, about 50 of them, and now they are having babies, and its great.
I even have a silver phoenix hen and black spanish rooster that sit on the same batch together and share the warmth. They had 18 eggs that I put under her to have her incubate them. He just got up there and decided to help.
Anyways, I have too many stags, I think, but they havent begun fighting amongst themselves too much yet, and I was going to try to sell some of them.
I have Roundheads, Silver Phoenix, Sicilian Buttercups, Black Spanish, Mclean, Dominacre, Redbar, Old English, and a few I dont know thier bloodlines.
If anyone has any advice...Im all ears.
Thank you

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! You might want to start in your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone locally will take some of your boys off your hands. Scroll through this link to find your state thread....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

When you have 20 posts, you can place an ad in our Buy Sell and Trade section to see if you can rehome them there...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16182/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing

Good luck finding them all homes! Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Sounds like have a busy place. Nice to have you here!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Is this the same Frognot farms located near Blue Ridge, TX? If so, it really is a small world. My wife was raised in Blue Ridge and had some relatives in Frognot. I was raised in Greenville, TX, which is only about a 35 minute drive from Frognot. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom