1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by janetharrison49, Sep 24, 2014.

1. janetharrison49

janetharrison49 New Egg

Sep 24, 2014
    I hope that Im putting this in the right place.
    My name is Janet, Im new to the area.
    I used to work for Frognot Farms in the Hatchery, that is where I was first introduced to the world of chickens, but, until I started raising gamefowl, I didnt realize how awesome they are.
    I inherited a variety of game/bantams(?) that were very young, about 50 of them, and now they are having babies, and its great.
    I even have a silver phoenix hen and black spanish rooster that sit on the same batch together and share the warmth. They had 18 eggs that I put under her to have her incubate them. He just got up there and decided to help.
    Anyways, I have too many stags, I think, but they havent begun fighting amongst themselves too much yet, and I was going to try to sell some of them.
    I have Roundheads, Silver Phoenix, Sicilian Buttercups, Black Spanish, Mclean, Dominacre, Redbar, Old English, and a few I dont know thier bloodlines.
    If anyone has any advice...Im all ears.
    Thank you

2. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! You might want to start in your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone locally will take some of your boys off your hands. Scroll through this link to find your state thread....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

When you have 20 posts, you can place an ad in our Buy Sell and Trade section to see if you can rehome them there...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16182/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing

Good luck finding them all homes! Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! Sounds like have a busy place. Nice to have you here!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you greet new members like we are greeting you, you'll have the 20 posts in no time! Glad you joined the flock.

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] sounds like you have your hands full :)

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Is this the same Frognot farms located near Blue Ridge, TX? If so, it really is a small world. My wife was raised in Blue Ridge and had some relatives in Frognot. I was raised in Greenville, TX, which is only about a 35 minute drive from Frognot. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

10. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by