Hello! (^-^)/

isagonj

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hello all! My name is isagonj! I'm some random kid who lives in Victoria, Australia, with my family and my nine adorable hens(I love them so darn much). I've been looking after some of these hens for nearly three years now, which I'm very happy with. In fact, I've only had one death so far, which is nice ^_^.some of my hobbies include drawing, both digitally and traditionally, reading, writing and playing video games(I'm mostly a Nintendo fan, I love pokemon and zelda).:pAnyway, I'd love to meet some of you, sorry for the short introduction. :p

Last edited:
Thank you very much!
Yeah, I will check it out. It looks like a cool place for all us Aussies B)

I currently have three Isa browns, an Australorp, a Leghorn, A Silkie, A Belgian Bantam of some description, a Pekin and an Ancona(bit of a mix, I know :3) :)

Thank you very much!
Yeah, I will check it out. It looks like a cool place for all us Aussies B)

I currently have three Isa browns, an Australorp, a Leghorn, A Silkie, A Belgian Bantam of some description, a Pekin and an Ancona(bit of a mix, I know :3)
smile.png

You're welcome. You have a nice mix of breeds. Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Isa Browns are one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, but no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. Good luck with your chooks.

You're welcome. You have a nice mix of breeds. Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Isa Browns are one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, but no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. Good luck with your chooks.

Thank you once again!
Australorps are a nice breed, definitely. She's the most caring of my flock, without a doubt(one thing I should mention is that my Belgian bantam loves to snuggle up beside her on the perch when the night is particularly cold, despite the size difference. It's adorable.) and yeah, Isas definitely are laying machines. We have may too many eggs now that we have three of them, but then again, I don't think it's possible to have too many eggs :3

I agree. We have 25 hens and we sell the extra eggs to the neighbors in our area.

25? Wow, that's a lot! Does it take much money to keep them all up to health?
Yeah, we give our extra eggs to family members, friends and my neighbours. Mostly to the neighbours though, as when we free range our hens they tend to go onto the neighbours property(if there's a fence around here it'll be broken or at least easy for they girls to get through, I assure you) and they start demolishing their garden. So to apologise we give lots of the eggs to them. Other then that, lots of egg based breakfasts and deserts, I guess.
Sorry if I'm being a bit weird, I'm just excited. I'm on a lot of online communities but none of them have a real number of users as enthusiastic about poultry as the users here. c:

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom