Hellooooo BYC

GLoucesterChick

Chirping
Aug 28, 2019
Gloucester MA
Hi BYC Chickhens and Chicaroos!
I'm Brooke!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I inherited 6 chickens and a coop 4 years ago from someone who was moving.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
9 total We lost 3 chickens (Pearl!! :hit) this past winter so we added 6 chicks to our flock.
(3) What breeds do you have?
The big girls are 2 NH Reds (I think :D) and a Golden Laced Wyandotte.
I "went to the buffet" for the little girls. a BO, Australorp, BPR, EE, Silkie, and another GLW.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I could watch them all day! Watching their behavior with each other, and how they communicate. I had no idea how social they are and how tight a group they can be. Raising the babies has given me a whole new respect for these amazing creatures.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like to work on my house...build, paint, repair, renovate...I have a fixer upper!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband and I are both transplants to Gloucester, and we love living by the sea! I'm a Realtor and he is a photographer. We have 4 children between us, 2 are grown up, 1 in college, and 1 in HS still with us...(Next fall will be tough) We have a sweet golden retriever, and a moody bratty cat and of course our little flock!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
BYC is where I was able to get answers to almost anything chicken, and it would come up organically when I would google search a question. After a few years with my older chickens I finally decided to join when I added to my flock this summer. Love it!

C0B15377-8BED-4EB0-A58A-946C7447D67D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom