Hellooooo from the San Francisco Bay Area!

kalesalad

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 19, 2016
Hi all,

We just ordered 6 chicks that are due to hatch on the week of May 16th. We as a family are super excited, especially my 2 year old daughter! We're due for another baby in April but she is way more excited about the chickens than her new sister...

In the mean time we will be converting a greenhouse into a chicken coop and chicken-proofing our raised bed garden. Hopefully I'll be able to share the progress with you guys!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You have some exciting plans. I hope you will update and post pictures when both of your happy events (baby) and chicks, make their appearance.

Hi and welcome to BYC. It seems that you have exciting and busy times ahead of you. The Learning Centre is a good place to start / continue learning about any and everything chicken. Your state thread (type your state in the search box) will also be a good way to meet up with other BYC members in your area.

Good luck with both your human and chicken additions!

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You have an exiting (and busy!) time ahead! As the above poster suggested, the Learning Center would be a good place to start and please do keep us posted on your coop conversion process in the Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance section. (You'll get some good tips there too..)

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Congrats on getting your own flock, and a special congratulations on the upcoming addition of another daughter.

Baby chicks are so much fun, but I'll bet you that your 2 year old will get quite excited once her little sister arrives.

Enjoy the forums, feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on getting your first flock! Don't be surprised when that six turns into 18 or 30, lol. What no one tells you ahead of time is how addictive chickens are.

It sounds like 2016 is going to be a memorable year for your little girl...new chicks and a new sister
big_smile.png

Hello! I have also just joined this forum. I'm at the learning/research stage. My husband and I are looking forward to our new joint adventure.

Back
Top Bottom