Hellooooo from the San Francisco Bay Area!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kalesalad, Feb 19, 2016.

1. kalesalad

kalesalad New Egg

Feb 19, 2016
    Hi all,

We just ordered 6 chicks that are due to hatch on the week of May 16th. We as a family are super excited, especially my 2 year old daughter! We're due for another baby in April but she is way more excited about the chickens than her new sister...

In the mean time we will be converting a greenhouse into a chicken coop and chicken-proofing our raised bed garden. Hopefully I'll be able to share the progress with you guys!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. You have some exciting plans. I hope you will update and post pictures when both of your happy events (baby) and chicks, make their appearance.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. It seems that you have exciting and busy times ahead of you. The Learning Centre is a good place to start / continue learning about any and everything chicken. Your state thread (type your state in the search box) will also be a good way to meet up with other BYC members in your area.

Good luck with both your human and chicken additions!

All the best
    CT

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

Congrats on getting your own flock, and a special congratulations on the upcoming addition of another daughter.

Baby chicks are so much fun, but I'll bet you that your 2 year old will get quite excited once her little sister arrives.

Enjoy the forums, feel free to ask questions, we're here to help.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congratulations on getting your first flock! Don't be surprised when that six turns into 18 or 30, lol. What no one tells you ahead of time is how addictive chickens are.

It sounds like 2016 is going to be a memorable year for your little girl...new chicks and a new sister [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!! Do make sure to check out the learning center, it has lots of good information.

9. RatWrangler

RatWrangler New Egg

May 17, 2016
    Hello! I have also just joined this forum. I'm at the learning/research stage. My husband and I are looking forward to our new joint adventure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by