Help… Rooster has a very swollen toe

I bought it but I think I’m going to call my vet tomorrow as well. He seems to be getting worse and the antibiotics won’t be here for a week. I’m not sure I want to wait that long to do something.

Just an update: He has a pretty bad infection that has reached the bone in his one toe. The vet said amputation, of the toe, will probably be his best bet. He has been on two different antibiotics and meloxicam for the swelling. Nothing seems to working. I’m getting frustrated because this is his second round of antibiotics and they run out tomorrow. The vet said she would call me back this week with a surgery date and has yet to do so. I‘ve called twice and talked to the receptionist but still haven’t received a call back. I know he‘s not a large mammal, not even a mammal, like some of the patients the vet treats but a call back would be nice. I have my own Antibiotics… when i run out of the ones from the vet should i use my own or just switch over to a probiotic? To give him a little break.
I dont want to lose him since a lot of work has already gone into keeping him. My husband is also attached to him. Monster is actually considered his rooster and losing him would devastate my husband.

Back
Top Bottom