HELP!!!!! 1 female Peking to 2 male rouens!

Jillchapa86

Songster
Apr 18, 2018
I need help my first time raising ducks shot 2 1/2 Months old, my pekin is a female I also have 1 male Rouen and 1 male khaki. , I barely found out sex when the males drake feather finally came out. What do I do !? Should I be worried!? Pekin female is much bigger than the 2 males, I do have an option where I can separate the female from the males but for how long does mating season last? I don’t want to deal with baby ducks either , these are solely pets purposes

Until they hit maturity everything will be fine. The Drakes will begin fighting over her and possibly over breeding her. Breeding season is about 6 months. You might want to rehome a Drake or the Hen. You won't have Ducklings unless you allow her to collect eggs and set them.
So 6 months how long does breed season last? Forever ? Like they have to be separated always or for a season ? If I put the female on one side of fence and leave 2 males on other side will the males fight ? I don’t want any Sexiness going on .

Pekins do go broody occasionally, but I wouldn't be worried about that, I would be worried about overbreeding which can lead to all kinds of problems for the hen, such as: bald neck and back, scabbing, and conjunctivitis, which can be a result of gang mating when two drakes try to breed the same hen at the same time and their saliva enters the hens eye, leading to serious infection and possibly partial or total blindness. As @chickens really said, breeding season lasts about six months, but it might be easier to consider rehoming the hen if you don't want any breeding.

So 6 months how long does breed season last? Forever ? Like they have to be separated always or for a season ? If I put the female on one side of fence and leave 2 males on other side will the males fight ? I don’t want any Sexiness going on .
6 month it lasts..Well you got the wrong Birds because Ducks are sexual and they will fight and pace the fence to get your Hen. Drakes breed Drakes and Hens breed Hens..That's the nature of Ducks.

Back
Top Bottom