Help 19 week chickens won't go into coop

marcy0718

Chirping
Mar 18, 2016
Florida
! Hello everyone I have 19 week old chickens they have been going into their Coop every night since I put them out as a little chicks just last week they started roosting at night on top of their coop we have a huge enclosure with the coop inside I keep the coop Immaculate I do not know why they won't go in there at night anymore I have to force them in there any suggestions there are no bugs inside the coop
they don't have mites I just don't know what to do anymore

Also my black sex links have very red wattles and Combs and look like they're ready to lay any time I have three nesting boxes inside with shavings inside and three roosting bars

I only have 4 2 bsl 1 wyandotte and a bantam its been 94 degrees here in Florida wondering if that is why the coop is much bigger then it looks I guess I will try to figure something out coop and enclosure c0st 1,000. To build ;( I know several Pepe that have no room for their chickens mine are very spoiled they just started this the past few days they will Eben sleep on the shade sail like a hammock

I only have 4 2 bsl 1 wyandotte and a bantam its been 94 degrees here in Florida wondering if that is why the coop is much bigger then it looks I guess I will try to figure something out coop and enclosure c0st 1,000. To build ;( I know several Pepe that have no room for their chickens mine are very spoiled they just started this the past few days they will Eben sleep on the shade sail like a hammock
I don't see any bantam birds. I see 4 large breed birds, all about the same size in your pic. And that coop is seriously lacking ventilation for that kind of heat.
Black sexlinks and wyandottes are large breeds needing about 5 sq ft of coop space per bird. And you need at least 4 linear feet of roosting space, and roosts need to be at least a foot apart and have a foot of clearance from walls. The coop is maybe 3x3 at most. Way too small.

They r 19 weeks old my bantam is a feathered legged smaller bird not in pic the coop itself is 6 ft long by 5 feet high by 41/2 feet wide there r 3 nesting boxes inside and 2 roosting bars 1 foot apart I leave the door open where the ladder is and they have 2 windows ( hardware cloth the enclosure is 15 ft x 15 feet all hardware cloth and completely predictor prof hardware cloth all the way around 1/4 in 3 feet down around enclosure.I don't c that it is too small but maybe u r right I ha e seen coops terribly small and nowhere for them to walk around they all love each other and just started this there r also roosting bars in every corner of enclosure.they go in coop sometimes during the day I leave big area where u would collect eggs completely open during day they go in there all the time And lay with each other it's just weird

Is the whole structure including the little enclosed run 4 1/2 by 6 feet, or is just the enclosed coop that size? It's summer. It's warm at night. Since you have the whole area enclosed they probably feel safe enough and are more comfortable sleeping outside on the roof of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom