Help 2 and half week old pekin duck keeps falling over cant walk

aaajjss1

Songster
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego Ca
Help one of my 2 week old pekin ducks suddenly cant walk still drinking water but just sorta falls over or almost flips backward, I gave them a little wheat That I had soaking could have fermented and made him drunk? I gave maybe 1/4 c to 3 ducklings heres a pic of him and one thats 2 weeks younger Doohickey is my daughters favorite one, I am feeding Mazuri waterfowl starter

Oh my gosh, I was just coming on here to post the exact same thing! My 2 1/2 week old Welsh Harlequin has suddenly, tonight, had trouble walking. She walks and then stumbles or just sits. I feel so helpless not knowing where this is coming from. It is like she can't hold herself up. Even when she preens her chest she will just fall over or sit down. I even noticed she was sitting down to drink her water.

I was wondering if this could be a niacin thing? I have mine on an unmedicated duck starter feed, but I still wonder...

I hope you get a reply! I anxiously await to see.

May we both end up with healthy ducklings who feel better!

If you gave the wheat to all of them and only one is having trouble, it is not likely the problem. But it appears that some ducks are more sensitive to vitamin deficiencies or toxins than others.

Go with the niacin, and poultry vitamins.

Thank you! Getting the niacin and poultry supplements first thing tommorrow morning.

My apologies for butting in your thread....
bow.gif
Please forgive me.

I agree, give them brewers yeast and vitamins and you should see it clear up. I had a rouen that was havnig trouble walking and wasn't growing. She would fall over like she was drunk and then spin in a circle on her side, throwing shavings everywhere. I started giving her vitamin supplements and now she is fine. She is still a little spastic though. She is my "special" duck.
lau.gif

ok got some flush free niacin and some multi vitamins for birds I put 1/5 capsule in a gallon of water and gave that and some of the multivitamins Doohickey is walking fine now. I gaave all of the ducks some of the niacin even my older ones, do geese need vitamins too?

ok got some flush free niacin and some multi vitamins for birds I put 1/5 capsule in a gallon of water and gave that and some of the multivitamins Doohickey is walking fine now. I gaave all of the ducks some of the niacin even my older ones, do geese need vitamins too?
Most waterfowl need more Niacin than chickens

So it sounds like you found 500 mg capsules? Cool. Nice to hear Doohickey is better.

Back
Top Bottom