Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Not even a little bit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ederob

Songster
7 Years
Jun 6, 2012
Help! I have 2 baby birds that we found. One is a maybe three day old Dove that's mother was killed by a snake. The second I found on the ground that looks like a Blue Jay or Blue Bird. What should I feed it? I googled what to feed it and it said canned dog food and grapes. Is this what I should feed them? I am worried they might die. The Dove has barley any feathers just a little fuzz. You can see its skin. The Blue Jay has feathers on its wings and fuzz on its head. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Do you have a pet store near? If so get handfeeding formula, it's powder (yellowish tan) that you mix with water and feed with a pipette or syringe. It's commonly used to hand rear parrots.

Do you have a pet store near? If so get handfeeding formula, it's powder (yellowish tan) that you mix with water and feed with a pipette or syringe. It's commonly used to hand rear parrots.
It is small, but we do. I will go and buy some of that, thanks. The Blue Jay ate some canned dog food, but the Dove just kinda pecked at it.
Find your local wildlife rescue and take them there.

-Kathy

That is a great idea, but I live in a small town. We don't have a wildlife rescue.

A veterinarian will have what's needed to tube small birds. I would suggest a size 8 or 10 catheter. See the tube feeding link in my sig.

-Kathy

The jay is a omnivore, doves are vegetarians. The handfeeding formula is primarily a veggie, nut and egg mixture and would be OK for both.

I found the Dove dead this morning. : ( The Blue Jay looks like it is about to die. It keeps falling on its back and closing its eyes.

Back
Top Bottom