Help! 2 day old chicks having sprawled legs.

Its seems my stubbornness paid off. With a lot of trial and errors I think I got it! Bandaid method works great. I took a bandaid and cut it in three strips. It works perfect. And the chick is doing great. Thanks everyone

Great news! Hope things continue to go well for you. Thanks for the update!

Great news. Keep us posted on how it gets along.

Update
Baby chick is growing stronger by the min. She is standing and even eating now on her own.
Its such a amazing feeling knowing I could save such a fragile and little chick.
Thanks everyone

It does make you feel great to help them. Please post a picture when he is free of the bandaid. I had many years with my bantam rooster who had splay leg when he came home. They can be a little uncoordinated at first, but after the wear the hobble for 3-5 days, they usually get better. There are defects in the hips sometimes which may not be helped.

It does make you feel great to help them. Please post a picture when he is free of the bandaid. I had many years with my bantam rooster who had splay leg when he came home. They can be a little uncoordinated at first, but after the wear the hobble for 3-5 days, they usually get better. There are defects in the hips sometimes which may not be helped.
Thank you very much! Here are some updated pics.
20200128_085309.jpg
20200128_085556.jpg
20200128_085348.jpg

Back
Top Bottom