Help!! 2 month olds dying off

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
I have a small flock that we recently got from meyer hatchery 2 months ago. They have been doing great but 2 days ago I had 2 that died, then tonight i have one that has been just sitting there closing its eyes and just not moving around at all. I have separated her from the flock. They are in dry clean bedding, plenty of water, and chick starter. I don't know what can be wrong, im scared of loosing the whole flock. All these birds have had the Mareks vac. also. Anyone had this happen or might know whats going on and what should i do now? thank you for your time

I have a small flock that we recently got from meyer hatchery 2 months ago. They have been doing great but 2 days ago I had 2 that died, then tonight i have one that has been just sitting there closing its eyes and just not moving around at all. I have separated her from the flock. They are in dry clean bedding, plenty of water, and chick starter. I don't know what can be wrong, im scared of loosing the whole flock. All these birds have had the Mareks vac. also. Anyone had this happen or might know whats going on and what should i do now? thank you for your time
Are you familiar with Coccidiosis? I would treat them for coccidiosis,symptoms are runny/watery poop(may or may not contain blood depends on which strain it is)fluffed feathers,lethargic,not eating/drinking.

Purchase Corid(amprolium)dose for Corid 9.6% liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water,dose for Corid 20% powder is 1-1.5 tsp per gallon of water. Treat ALL chicks for 5 days,do not give vitamins during treatment as they interfere with the ability of coccidiostat to work,give vitamins after treatment is complete. Make sure medicated water is the only source of drinking water,

Thanks ten chicks, i just did some reading on coccidiosis. That seems exactly what they had. My wife will pick up some corid 9.6% tomm. Thanks again

Welcome.

Corid is found in the cattle section and will say for cattle,but is perfectly safe for poultry and one of the best coccidiostats.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom