Help 2 New Chicks & I think they are sick!! *Updated*

My chickie book tells me that every tenth poo comes from the ceca, an area of the intestine. So some poos will be runny. Knowing that, I didn't freak out when some of my babies' poos were runny. I'm soooo glad they're doing well! They probably need only medicated chick starter and clean water now! Yea! Do you have any aviacharge 2000? It's a wonderful water supplement that gives a nutrition burst to your sweeties! They are adorable! Congratulations on your new babies!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif

A few weeks ago I got 2 ameraucanas/Easter eggers from the feed store. When I got them home, one wouldn't walk, and when it did it would only scramble backwards and would use its wings. It spent the 1st 24 hours on the ground with its feet straight out in front of it. Then it suddenly was fine and was running around. I think that the shock of the ride home was a lot for the little one. Haven't had any problems since.

Thanks, the family and I just finished cleaning out the brooder for them to go out in the coop, don't worry though the other chicks can't get to them and they do have a heat light. Well I broke down this morning and bought 2 little white rocks. THis will be the last of my chicks for the year. I promised my hubby no more, the 2 this morning make 10 and I think that is good for my first flock. 8 girls and 2 boys, I hope I can keep both roosters, 1 I bought and 1 was a suprise! I am kinda glad that the americaunas are smaller because the white rocks are only a week old and maybe they will catch up. Lucky for me they are all playing nice.

I have what I think are some Ameracaunas. They have fluffy cheeks and look a lot like your two. Mine are three weeks old and have more feathers. Yours look like mine did at two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom