HELP! 2 wk old call duck gasping

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickensioux, Jun 9, 2009.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Songster

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    My 2 week old grey call duck seems to be gasping with every breath. She still eats and drinks and runs around with the others. Her poop is normal. What can I give her? You can hear each breath too. They are on pine bedding, getting the proper food and plenty of water. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Oh and she doesn't seem to be growing like the others either. She is very tiny.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. chickensioux

chickensioux Songster

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Help?

3. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Im sorry i don't know how to help you... do you think maybe he has a piece of pine shavings stuck in his throat? I hope someone on here will havo help for you... I hope he will be ok

4. chickensioux

chickensioux Songster

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Thanks Chixie. I started it on antibiotics and dropped a drop of VetRx on its bill. Watching closely for now. Peeps like its happy tho'.

5. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I have never experienced anything like that... keep me posted

6. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Songster

are they gasping or more like panting,,
    the other day when it was really hot here, mine were panting and they took a swim and after they came out they were fine

I hope everything is ok.

7. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Songster

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    I too had the panting issue so I just popped the panters into a bath and they cooled right down. Also had a gurgling deal once, ducky was eating pine bedding, we had to use a straw to put water down her throat to get the shavings through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: