HELP!!! 3 thermometers in bator NON the same!!! HELP!!!

tail_feather

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Columbia, TN
I bought an LG still air. I have the thermomator that came with the turner, it says 99 deg. I have the one that came with the bator it says 101 deg. I have the hydrometer it says 103 deg. Also I calibrated it, and after 12 hours in the bag the reading was 64% humidity. So I put it in the bator and it now reads 31% humidity. There is NO water in it, and BOTH of the red plugs are out. So what is the actual temp AND humidity in the bator??? Anyone that can HELP, PLEASE!!! I have eggs that have been ready to be set. Thanks again!!
he.gif
ep.gif
barnie.gif

My incubator reads normally around 30 some perecent with no water also. for the first 18 days i try to keep mine in the 40's then I increase to the 70's, I think you said that you had both plugs out, I'd put the plug back in the one thats on the outer edge of the bator.

Thank you, another stupid question how much water would you add to just get a 10% increase? And would you go the digital since it is 3 degrees higher than it should be? If I decrease it I could be incubating 3 degrees too low, right?
he.gif

I only add a little water to the 2 smaller rings, I'd fill them halfway then wait a few hours and see where your at then. If your still a lil low, add some more. Then on my 18th day I fill all the rings, I put a small bowl in one corner filled with water and a wet wash cloth also to get mine up. The LG's are hard to get a high humidity with just adding water to the rings.

Quote:
NO, you adjust the bator with the digital to read 99.5 F If you are comparing the digital to another thermometer that is reading what you believe is the correct temperature, then use THAT thermometer and forget the digital.. PICK ONE

the humidity does not increase by how mch water you put in.. You have to increase the surface of the water.. for instance if you have a pan that measures 6" X 6" then you have to replace it with a pan that is larger like a 6" X 9"

or just add clean sponges that stick above the surface of the water in the pan..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom